Capital Gains Tax Planning
If you own anything of value and decide to sell it, you could be liable to capital gains tax (CGT).
CGT is payable when an individual, trust or company sells, transfers or gifts property (tangible or intangible) to another entity. As a basic principle, CGT is charged on the difference between what you paid for an asset and what you receive when you sell it, less your annual CGT exemption if this has not been set against other gains.
However, it is possible that careful planning can reduce your CGT bill to zero.
We can help you in the complex area of capital gains tax planning. Our experienced specialists will guide you through the reliefs and options available to reduce or even eliminate your tax bill.
Contact us today to find out more.
Corporate Tax Planning
We deal with the routine matters of business tax, PAYE, national insurance and VAT.
Our services will help to minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
Efficient corporate tax planning can result in potentially significant improvements in your bottom line.
So call us today to discover how we can help you minimise the corporate tax burden.
HMRC Investigations and Enquiries
Being the subject of a tax investigation by HM Revenue & Customs can be a worrying experience. In this situation you need the advice and experience of an established firm of accountants. That is where we can help.
At Walter Dawson & Son, we will liaise with HMRC on your behalf and provide expert help and support. So if you are subject to an enquiry, don’t panic – let us do the hard work for you!
Please contact us for further details.
Many businesses unintentionally over or underpay Value Added Tax (VAT) as a result of its complexity.
The widening parameters of this burdensome tax and frequent changes made by HM Revenue & Customs often require the assistance of a professional to ensure that businesses comply with the relevant regulations.
At Walter Dawson & Son we provide an efficient VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HM Revenue and Customs.
today for more information on VAT and your business.